Course DetailsBook Training Online
This course covers in-depth navigation through ChemAlert and its functionality including the core modules Search, Stock, Request, Risk plus the Admin modules to cover the set-up, configuration and management of the ChemAlert system. This course is “hands on”, with participants completing practical exercises designed to reinforce knowledge and ensure that skills can be applied in the workplace.
All staff who are required to use ChemAlert in relation to chemical safety in the workplace. Extremely beneficial to those nominated for administering the ChemAlert system for their organisation, such as senior safety managers, hygienists and other high level ChemAlert users.
As a result of completing this training, participants should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Locate products on ChemAlert
- Retrieve and review manufacturers’ Safety Data Sheets
- Locate and review Product Details information, including Chemical Footprint and health hazards
- Generate ChemAlert reports and product labels
- Create and manage a Hierarchy of storage locations
- Add, edit, copy or delete products from Inventory
- Generate and review stock reports including Hazardous Chemicals registers and Dangerous Goods listings
- Understand the difference between a Simple and Detailed Risk Assessment
- Create a new Risk Assessment
- Review and input information relevant to a product Risk Assessment
- Follow the Risk Assessment Workflow process
- Create a new Chemical Request and Review existing Requests for approval
- Understand the difference between a Simple and Detailed Request
- Follow the Request Workflow process
- Work through the Admin and Business Unit Preference settings for each module
- Focus on the management activities within each module
- Create new Users and Groups and assign permissions
- Review Data Care functionality
Currently Available Public Training Sessions:
Available dates and locations are in listed in the registration form below when you set ‘Training Type’ to be ‘Public Training’.. Alternative Cities – please register interest in the form below.