RMT is committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us, our content, products and services.
Our goal is to provide your company and your employee’s protection of information that would be considered in a court of law to be private. RMT will be transparent about how and why we collect and use your information.
- the kind of information RMT may collect about you and your company,
- how we collect it, and how we use it,
- how we may disclose that information,
- how you can access the information we hold about you,
- when we may use your information to contact you,
- the protection of your personal information.
Risk Management Services (‘RMT’) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘the Act’).
The privacy of all those who use RMT’s website(s) (‘Website’) is of prime importance to us.
1. Collection of personal information
RMT collects information about you (as a representative of your company) and your company.
You must obtain the prior consent of any third person whose personal information you post to this website.
We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes.
The personal information we collect falls into four categories: contact details, access logs, activity history and publishable content.
- Contact details are collected as supplied by you from time to time. We do not store usable credit card information. Where a record is required, we entrust credit cards to our payment gateway and store only the last few digits and expiry date of your credit card solely for purposes of identity confirmation and forewarning of expiry.
- Access logs record the requests made by visitors through the website. This information is generally recorded against IP address of the users’ internet gateway, and may be possible to correlate this data.
- Activity History consists of orders, enquiries, votes submitted via the website, or offline contact you have with us such as phone calls.
- Publishable content consists of comments or other submissions of content you would like us to publish on our website.
In any area of our Website where RMT asks you to provide personal information that will enable us to enhance your site visit or to follow up with you after your visit, it is completely optional for you to participate. For example, we request information from you when you:
- Request information about product or service Submit a fault report
- Request a software enhancement
- Provide feedback in an online survey
- Request e-mail notification of your inquiry status
In each of the instances above, RMT may ask for your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, type of business, customer preference information, and customer username, as well as other similar information that is needed to register or subscribe you to services or offers. If we ever ask for significantly different information, we will inform you. In the case of newsletters or mailing lists, you will be able to “unsubscribe” to these mailings at any time. (See Section 7).
2. How do we collect Information?
Contact details and publishable content are collected when supplied by you either via the website or direct to us by other means.
Web pages you request are recorded by our servers as each request reaches the website. This includes but is not limited to:
- The date and time of your visit
- The IP address of the gateway you use to connect to the internet
- The addresses of pages accessed and any documents downloaded
Web pages accessed can be correlated over time by analysis of web server logs. In most cases access log data is not directly individually identifiable and is only used for investigative purposes.
Activity history is recorded whenever you undertake an activity such as submit an enquiry or make a comment.
3. Why we collect Information and how we use it
Publishable content is collected and republished where applicable in order to enable a two-way conversation between us and our visitors.
We collect your personal contact details and activity history:
- To respond to requests or queries you raise
- To confirm your identity
- To fulfil orders made by you
- To keep you up to date with news, special offers, and other marketing information you have opted-in to receive.
We collect access log data:
- To measure and monitor the performance of our website
- To assist RMT in the diagnosis of issues.
We will not use ‘sensitive’ personal information (as defined under the Act) for direct marketing unless you have consented to such use.
The personal information you provide will be kept confidential, unless otherwise stated, and used to support your customer relationship with RMT. Among other things, we want to help you quickly find information on this site and alert you to product upgrades, new documentation, updated web information and other new products and services from RMT.
In the event that RMT uses agents or contractors who have access to your information they are required to keep the personal information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for RMT.
RMT may enhance or merge your information collected at its site with data from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to you, as applicable.
4. How we Disclose Information
You consent to us disclosing your personal information to third parties, under the following circumstances:
- When explicitly authorised to do so by yourself at the time you supply the information
- As required for processing of credit card payments by Internet Payment Gateways and Merchant Facilities.
- As part of any investigation by us into your activity on our website (including to your Internet Service Provider or network administrator)
- As part of a sale of all or part of our business
- To lessen or prevent a serious threat to a person’s health or safety
From time to time, we may use third party service providers to provide mailing house, delivery, technology, website, research, banking, payment, client contact, data processing or marketing services.
Some of the third parties with whom we share personal information may be located outside of Australia. While we will require that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place, you accept that, the third-party privacy obligations may differ from and be less stringent than the requirements of the privacy laws of Australia.
RMT does not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease any personal information collected at our site. This includes any licensing forms or e-mail lists.
5. Publishable Content
When you submit content to us for publication (including but not limited to comments, testimonials, or forum posts) you assign to us a transferrable, perpetual right to publish and/or commercially exploit such content without limitation. You also warrant, in submitting such content, that the content is owned or produced by you or that you otherwise have permission to assign publication rights to us.
Content submitted by you for publication may be disclosed to all visitors of our website, and/or republished on other websites at our discretion.
If you provide personal information either of your own or of any third party as part of publishable content, you warrant that you have permission to publish said information and indemnify us against any consequences resulting from the publication of said information.
If you believe that any of your personal information has been published on our website without your consent, please contact us immediately.
6. Links to Other Sites
7. Opting in and out
When you supply us with your email address you will have the option to opt out of receiving marketing information by e-mail or other means.
You will also be given the opportunity to opt out from receiving further communications from us in accordance with this policy each time we send you information for which you have opted in. This comes in the form of an ‘unsubscribe’ link, generally in the footer and/or header of each email.
If you receive any communication purporting to be connected with us or our products or services that you believe has been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 11.
8. Information Management and Security
With the exclusion of information supplied for publication (as outlined in section 5), we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is not lost, misused, or inadvertently provided to unauthorised third parties, including by means of firewalls, password locking, truncation of credit card data, encryption of data in transit, and secured servers.
You acknowledge, however, that the security of communications sent by electronic means cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not wholly within our control.
You must ensure the security and confidentiality of any username and/or password used by yourself to access this website. You agree that you will be held responsible for all activities which occur under your username and password (including but not limited to publication of illegal or defamatory material or any other unlawful activity, or unauthorised charging of your credit card).
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 11.
9. Gaining Access to Your Information
You have the right to seek access to and update or correct the personal information we hold about you. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. We may charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs of meeting your request.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made and give you access to the information in a practical manner.
If you would like to seek access to personal information, we hold about you, you can contact us as outlined in section 11.
If any such changes are made, we will make all reasonable efforts to bring those changes to the attention of our users.
11. Refunds Policy
Refunds are only provided in an instance whereby an invoice payment has been duplicated. For any queries regarding your payment please contact [email protected]
12. Further Information
If you have any questions, comments, complaints, or would like more information concerning your personal information or privacy issues in respect of this website please contact us at via any of the following methods
a. Email: [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]
b. Phone: +61 8 9322 1711
c. Fax: +61 8 9322 1794